Warning. Cloning this item will not retain its parent-child relationship.
The Henry Lawson collection
The University of Sydney Library's Lawson Collection was formed by the Sydney book collector, Harry F. Chaplin over many years up to the early 1970s. It is held in our Rare Books and Special Collections and comprises first editions of most of Henry Lawson's books, many of which are autographed presentation copies. However, the heart of our Lawson collection is can be found in the original Lawson manuscripts, letters and notes along with the recollections by friends and contemporaries such as Dame Mary Gilmore, Sir Lionel Lindsay, Norman Lindsay and Hugh McCrae which Harry Chaplin brought together.
This selection of material from the Lawson Collection has been chosen to illustrate some of the chapters of Henry Lawson's life and the ways in which his contemporaries remembered him. A number of original Lawson manuscripts, written in his own hand with corrections, is also included.
The The Henry Lawson collection first appeared in the Sydney Electronic Text and Image Service (SETIS) website.
An address on Henry Lawson delivered by Professor J. Le Gay Brereton on 2nd September, 1927, the fifth anniversary of the poet's death